Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Goldilocks and the three bears

There is a lot of fun in messing up with existing stories. To be sure, though, I am not too sure that I can do it here on my blog.

"Time to book a place in the cemetery and the old fool still plays around with fairy tales." I can almost hear you say that. So, what do you do when you have an urge that you cannot scratch? Find a place where you can.

Thankfully for me, my good friend 'The Fool' runs a blog - Three Realms of the mind - dedicated to Science Fiction and fantasy and is currently putting up a series of rewritten fairy tales. There I went to scratch my itch and this is the result.

Little Bear on Goldilock's Visit



10 comments:

  1. arre wah! so u can tell fairy tales too? that was really cute....to read it from the little bear's point of view....thankfully daddy bear wasn't hooked to his computer and mummy bear wasn't playing candy crush!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Then Goldilocks would have had to eat virtual porridge :)

      Delete
  2. I loved this one! "Parents just do not seem to care for the comfort of their children. If their first few suggestions do not meet your approval, they turn unsympathetic."

    It might look comical, but it sure had a hard hitting reality in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Soumya! Actually. I think most good humor is about reality told in a funny manner :) Sort of sugar-coated medicine :)

      Delete
  3. :) i knew someone will take the bear's side thank god..

    made me smile .. thank you sir.

    Bikram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bikram! After all, that stupid girl intruded into someone else's house, ate up someone else's porridge, broke a chair and messed up a bed. My only regret is that she got off scot-free after committing so much mayhem :)

      Delete
  4. Nicely done Suresh..especially the parents' psychology... :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great! I know an out-of-work fairy godmother, in case you want to interview her - Sonia Gandhi. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Achyut! I have no pumpkins to turn to coaches :)

      Delete